The Seresto Collar is Bayer’s latest product for safely and completely protecting your dogs from fleas and ticks. Seresto Flea and Tick Collar afford the performance you look for from a flea and tick topical in an smooth-to-use collar that afford extended defense against fleas and ticks for eight months. With Seresto®, pet owners have an powerful and affordable option for flea and tick control in an facile-to-usage eight-month collar. Seresto combines two active ingredients, imidacloprid and flumethrin, providing double action against fleas and ticks. The benefits of Seresto include:
- Kills fleas and continues to prevent infestations for 8 months
- REPELS and KILLS ticks – if a tick is repelled, it cannot attach. If a tick doesn’t attach, it can’t transmit the organisms that may cause disease
- Convenient and easy-to-use: one application lasts for 8 months
- Odorless and durable construction
- Available for both cats and dogs
|Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Small Dogs
||3-PACK Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Small Dogs
||6-PACK Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Small Dogs
|Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs
||3-PACK Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs
||6-PACK Seresto Flea & Tick Collar for Large Dogs
What is Seresto®?
You probably know that fleas and ticks can make life very uncomfortable for your dog. As parasites, they feed on the blood of your dog, leaving bites which can be painful. Infected fleas and ticks can also pass dangerous diseases onto your dog during this feeding process.
With Seresto collar, you can spare your dog all of this – just find out how to use it and protect your dog from fleas and ticks for up to 8 months.
How does Seresto collar work?
Seresto has been developed based on a novel blend of materials, also referred to as a “polymer matrix”, and with highly recognized active ingredients:
- Possible through Bayer’s unique expertise in the fields of Material Science, Crop Science and Consumer Care
- Ensures controlled, low-dose release of its two active ingredients over 8 months, giving your dog the continuous protection he needs
How to apply Seresto®
An effective, reliable alternative to monthly flea and tick topicals
“Seresto collar uses a unique polymer matrix collar that continuously releases imidacloprid and flumethirin in low concentrations for effective 8-month protection against fleas and ticks.”
Seresto Flea & Tick Collar is a unique flea and tick collar that provides up to 8 months of protection. Made of a novel blend of materials, it releases its active ingredients in small doses giving your dog a safe and controlled barrier. The Seresto collar not only kills existing fleas and ticks but repels ticks before they bite. This helps protect your pet from diseases spread by these parasites. Seresto can be worn along with your dog’s normal collage and can be adjusted to fit any dog.
- No need to remember monthly applications
- Non-greasy, odorless, easy to use
- Active ingredients imidacloprid and flumethrin provide dual action against ticks and fleas
- Bayer’s Polymer Matrix is designed to slowly and continuously release the active ingredients for 8 months
- Kills fleas and ticks
- REPELS ticks on dogs. If a tick is repelled or killed, it cannot attach to a dog. If a tick doesn’t attach, it can’t transmit organisms that may cause disease
- Available in two sizes: Small dog or large dog
- For use on dogs and puppies 7 weeks and older
- Remove Seresto collar from the laminated bag inside the tin and unroll the collar
- Make sure you remove any plastic remnants left from the production process of the collar
- After putting around dog’s neck, push one end of the collar through the loop
- Tighten until two fingers fit between the collar and the dog/cat’s neck
- Take care not to attach the collar too loosely, as it may be pulled over the dog’s head
- When optimal fit is reached, excess collar length beyond 2cm should be cut off
I have never had a flea problem before. Where are my pets picking up fleas?
Fleas are pests that are capable of invading and occupying your house through a variety of methods and mediums. Some common forms of introducing fleas include:
You and your belongings – fleas can cling to clothing, bags, blankets, and the human body. Your pet – your pet is potentially exposed to fleas any time they step outside the house. Feral/Stray cats and dogs – Wild animals are not given care, attention, and proper medical treatment, and may be infested with fleas and ticks
Wildlife – Particularly common in raccoons and opossums, wild animals can transmit fleas and ticks by simply walking through your yard and dropping live fleas,larvae, and eggs Non-treated pets- The untreated pets in your household or neighborhood may be harboring live flea and tick life stages, so be proactive when it comes for caring for your pets.
What makes Seresto® work?
Seresto® collars use two main active ingredients:Imidacloprid and Flumethrin.
Imidacloprid has been used in products for years to control flea infestations, while Flumethrin effectively repels and kills ticks by working together with imidacloprid to provide dual action against fleas and ticks. The active ingredients spread from the site of direct contact over the skin surface of the cat or dog.
Bayer’s polymer matrix technology allows the Seresto collar to slowly and continuously release the active ingredients over the course of eight months, much longer than standard flea and tick collars
What happens if my pet gets stuck wearing a Seresto® collar?
Seresto® collars are designed with a safety release mechanism in case your dog or cat gets stuck while wearing the collar.
Tension from tugging or pulling activates the ratchet-release mechanism, which will widen the collar. The small dog and cat collars have a predetermined breaking point when pulled on.
Can I bathe my pet after applying Seresto?
Although Seresto® collars are water-resistant and remain effective after shampoo, swimming or exposure to water, we recommend bathing your pet BEFORE applying Seresto.
You can bathe your pet anytime after applying Seresto without having to remove the collar. Please use a non-stripping, pet shampoo for improved effectiveness.
Is Seresto® water resistant?
The active ingredients of Seresto collar are contained within Bayer’s water-resistant Polymer Matrix, and remain effective following a shampoo treatment, swimming, or after exposure to water and moisture.
Effectiveness lasts for 8 months when dogs are limited to one bath per month. For dogs that enjoy the water and swim once a month or more,Seresto’s effective control period is reduced to five months for fleas and seven months for ticks.
How do I store Seresto®?
Please keep Seresto in original unopened container in a cool, dry place that is inaccessible to children.
Seresto may be disposed of in the trash. Please keep away from food, water, or feed.
Can my dogs go swimming with Seresto on?
For dogs that enjoy the water and swim more than once a month, Seresto’s effective control period is reduced to five months for fleas and seven months for ticks.